For whatever reason I was having an issue embedding the video into this post… The link itself will have to do: CrossFit in 10. Enjoy. 🙂
Pilates are an excellent way to tone and sculpt your body. It helps to develop a strong core and back, gain flexibility, lengthen muscles, and more. Here are four basic pilates moves to tighten and tone your body.
These exercises emphasize light stretching and toning, ideal for mornings when you feel groggy. The workout takes about 15 to 20 minutes and requires a book, bath towel, and wash cloth.
DID YOU KNOW:
Sitting increases your chances for developing diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and blood clots.
People who regularly sit for long periods of time are 54% more likely to have a heart attack.
Men who sit more than 6 hours a day have a 20% higher mortality rate; this rate increases to 40% for women.
If you sit for more than 23 hours a week, then you are 64% more likely to die from a heart attack.
Thank you semtechit.com
These exercises should be performed in rapid succession, allowing 30 seconds for each. To get maximum benefits, the intensity must hover at around and eight on a discomfort scale of 1 to 10.
The seven minutes should be unpleasant. The upside is, after seven minutes, you’re done.
What are the core muscles? The core refers, in its most general of definitions, to the body minus the legs and arms.
Why it’s important to have strong core muscles:
- Everyday acts. Turning, looking, standing, sitting — these are just a few of the many mundane actions that rely on your core and that you might not notice until they become difficult or painful.
- On-the-job tasks. Believe it or not, but even sitting at your desk engages your core. Sitting all day can make back muscles stiff and sore. Be sure you practice good posture and take breaks!
- A healthy back. Lower back pain may be prevented by exercises that promote well-balanced, resilient core muscles.
- Balance and stability. Your core stabilizes your body, allowing you to move in any direction, even on the bumpiest terrain, or stand in one spot without losing your balance.
- Good posture. Weak core muscles contribute to slouching. Good posture trims your silhouette and projects confidence.