More and more people are starting up side jobs to earn additional income. With that being said- I wanted to share this quick read by Kimberly Palmer:
“During the height of the recent recession, with new rounds of layoffs happening weekly, I realized something: The chances of me holding onto my current job for the next thirty-plus years was about as likely as me landing a spot on Survivor and actually winning the million dollars. I needed a back-up plan, or another source of income that would save me if my primary one suddenly fell through.
That back-up plan turned out to be my side-business of selling money planners on Etsy. Soon after I got started, I discovered a whole world of people doing the same thing – launching side-businesses to supplement their income. Not only does it provide greater income – and the incredible satisfaction that comes from creating a product or service that helps people – but it also works as a safety net. If our full-time jobs ever do disappear, our side-businesses are there to catch us.
Given those benefits, it’s no surprise that almost one-third of the freelancers on Elance.com also have full-time jobs, or that over 7 million workers, around 5 percent of the workforce, hold more than one job. Side-gigs are even more popular among young Americans: The Young Entrepreneur Council recently found that one in three millennials have launched one.
After interviewing over 100 side-hustlers, I learned that the successful ones tend to share these three traits:
1. They are intimately familiar with what motivates them, and it’s often something big: A new baby, a layoff, or another major life change. They use it to stay focused during the challenging parts of growing a side-business.
2. They pick side-businesses that leverage their existing skills, resources, contacts, and interests. Their ventures often enhance, rather than conflict, with their full-time jobs.
3. They keep their expenses low, which includes start-up costs. Since you can launch a side-business with very little cash by using existing infrastructure — freelance websites, e-commerce sites, blogging platforms, social media – you can usually get started for less than the cost of a nice lunch.
Building a side-business often starts off as a quest for financial security – but ends with much greater career satisfaction.”
Kimberly Palmer is the author of the new book, “The Economy of You: Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur and Recession-Proof Your Life,” and senior money editor for U.S. News & World Report, where she writes the popular Alpha Consumer blog. You can also connect with her (and download free worksheets along with pre-order goodies) at bykimberlypalmer.com.
Think you’re too busy? GOOD. We love busy. How bad do you want your business to work for you?
Q: What does it cost to become a distributor with It Works!?
A: Start up fee of $99 (plus shipping and tax).
- One box of wraps (4 count).
- Rights to sell our products.
- Business Builder kit full of literature samples of some of our advertisements such as blitz cards and pamphlets.
Sell each wrap for $25-30 each and make your start-up money back OR use them for yourself, the choice is yours!
NO obligation. NO catch. NO sales quotas.
Q: That can’t be all it costs to be a distributor?
A: Yes and No. Remember, you are owning a business here.
$99 is all it costs for your first month as an It Works! Distributor. As with any network marketing company, you are required to have an auto-ship. These run every month on the same day you enrolled as a distributor. Your auto-ship insures that you are getting your commission AND your bonuses! In order to have a proper auto-ship, you will be required to purchase 80 BV (bonus volume) of products a month. Everything we sell carries a specific BV. Some products have the same BV as the price to purchase, others do not.
I suggest that all NEW distributors place two boxes (8 wraps total) of wraps on their auto-ship. That’s a total of 108 BV and will run you (approx.) $130.00. When you receive your wraps, you can sell them and turn a nice profit of $200.00 selling them each for $25.00 a piece. You will recover the money you spent out-of-pocket on your auto-ship quickly this way. Also, after your first month you will begin paying for your esuite and replicated website (this is the site used by customers to make purchases from you– highly recommended!). This is $20.00 a month. Your esuites will log all purchases made from your site and store all information as well as hold valuable training to succeed with our company!
This is hardly a lot of money to own your own business.
Q: What happens if I decide that It Works! isn’t the company for me?
A: Nothing- if you decide this isn’t for you, or you need to take a break for a while. All you have to do is call Customer Service and have them shut off your auto-ship. Come back when you are ready to change your life and the life of those around you!
Q: So, how would I get paid? What’s the pay scale?
A: There’s 3 ways.
- Sell individual wraps to the locals in your area from anywhere between $25-35. This is fast cash!
- Fast Start Bonus- receive this bonus for EVERY new distributor (they must have their auto-ship on and sign TWO loyal customers within their first 30 days) that you personally enroll on your team! Those are paid out on Fridays as soon as that new distributor’s first auto-ship has run and they’ve completed the requirements.
- Commission- this is where we make our BIG bucks! Commissions are paid out on the 15th of every month. The pay period is from the first day of the month to the last. We have the most advanced pay scale of ANY direct marketing company out there!It Works pays you on residual income through 5 levels deep. You will make 10% on levels 1 and 2, 5% on levels 3,4,and 5, and a 2% bonus through-out levels 6 and up once you reach the rank of Emerald.Once you reach the rank of Diamond, you will begin earning incredible bonuses ON TOP of the residual income– and even more bonuses the higher you rank within the company! It Works! looks after their Distributors very WELL!
Q: So, are there any perks to being a distributor? Aside from the amazing amount of money you make?
A: SURE! It Works! Rewards us with what is called an “applicator award” with EVERY 2 loyal customers we sign. An applicator award allows distributors to buy a box of wraps for $25. Selling those 4 wraps for $25 a piece and make a $75 profit for every TWO loyal customers you sign, not including the commission you made!
Also, after the 4th loyal customer you bring in, It Works! rewards you with a $120 product credit! That’s right, you can purchase any product you’d like for FREE (up to a $120 value).
Q: Whats the key to success within the company?
A: The key to success is always keeping in contact with your up-line, or the person who signed you. Let them guide you on the path to success. We have the knowledge to train you and the ability to help take you where you want to go and help you follow your dreams to financial freedom.
You want to find THREE friends who would want to follow you in quest to success. Those three teammates are going to be the back bone of your team. Have them follow those same steps and bring three people with them. This is how you form a strong team. Keeping up with your training and making sure to talk to 7 to 10 people a day will take you to the top of the charts!
If I haven’t covered a question that you may have here, please feel free to get in contact with me and I’ll answer any remaining questions you may have!
I look forward to working with you, and making you a valuable member of my team!
Great article from INC. Here’s an excerpt:
#1 They do the work in spite of disapproval or ridicule.
Work too hard, strive too hard, appear to be too ambitious, try to stand out from the crowd. It’s a lot easier and much more comfortable to reel it in to ensure you fit in.
Pleasing the (average-performing) crowd is something remarkably productive people don’t worry about. (They may think about it, but then they keep pushing on.)
This interview with Tony Tjan, chief executive of Cue Ball, a venture capital firm based in Boston.
“When someone gives you an idea, try to wait just 24 seconds before criticizing it. If you can do that, wait 24 minutes. Then if you become a Zen master of optimism, you could wait a day, and spend that time thinking about why something actually might work. In venture capital, you’re at the intersection of human capital and their big ideas, their dreams.” Read More