For whatever reason I was having an issue embedding the video into this post… The link itself will have to do: CrossFit in 10. Enjoy. 🙂
As I have been working on building up my legs, today’s Tighten and Tone Thursday topic just felt right. This is a great dumbbell workout you can do from home.
Est time: 1 hour
|Home Dumbbell Workout For Legs|
|Dumbbell Goblet Squat||3-4||8-12|
|Dumbbell Step Up||3-4||15-20|
Pilates are an excellent way to tone and sculpt your body. It helps to develop a strong core and back, gain flexibility, lengthen muscles, and more. Here are four basic pilates moves to tighten and tone your body.
These exercises should be performed in rapid succession, allowing 30 seconds for each. To get maximum benefits, the intensity must hover at around and eight on a discomfort scale of 1 to 10.
The seven minutes should be unpleasant. The upside is, after seven minutes, you’re done.
– The Global Burden of Disease Report reveals a massive shift in health trends.
– Worldwide, obesity has increased 82% in the last two decades.
– Diseases like stroke and heart disease are leading causes of years spent sick or injured.
I cannot tell you how many times I have heard a thirsty individual mention that they are going to hydrate with a soda. It gives me the same chills as fingernails on a chalk board. Are you kidding me? Do you really think pumping your body full of liquid sugar is going to quench your thirst? But whatever, it’s your body and you can put whatever inside it that suits your fancy.
Did you know: 80% of Americans are chronically dehydrated*
On average, a human being can last several weeks without food, and a mere 8-14 days without water. With water playing such a crucial role in our body’s functioning, why don’t we make it a point to maintain a healthy level of hydration?
I get it, water is boring. That’s no excuse not to drink it. Get creative. Add fun flavors such as:
- Fresh Cut Cucumbers
- Fragrant Orange Slices
- Refreshing Mint and Lime Juice
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
Are you someone who loves the carbonation from a beverage? Try drinking LaCroix flavored sparkling waters. To make your money go a little further, purchase a soda stream. Carbonate your own water at home, and you can add splash of OJ or Cranberry juice to it which will give it pizzazz.
Water Facts and Tips:
- Moistens tissues in the body ie) mouth, nose, eyes
- Drink even when you’re not thirsty. An average person loses about 90 ounces of water daily.
- Beverages containing alcohol and caffeine create an unquenchable thirst in the body. Only water truly hydrates the body and alleviates the diseases of dehydration.
- Don’t misinterpret your thirst drive as hunger. Drink a glass of water and wait a minute or two. You might find you’re not as hungry as you thought.
- If you don’t drink enough water, your body’s reaction is to retain the water it does have. This leads to poor kidney function and the accumulation of waste products.
- Proper hydration is key to long-term fat reduction.
- Helps to maintain proper muscle tone and prevents sagging skin.
- Drink 4x as much water as you consume in alcohol to help reduce the effects of a hangovers.
- A deficiency of water can alter the concentration of electrolytes such as sodium, potassium and chloride which has a negative effect on the function of the brain.
- It’s cheap; nearly free, and good for you.
- Dehydration reduces blood volume, creating thicker, more concentrated blood which stresses the heart. This also decreases the ability to transport oxygen and nutrients to the muscles and other living cells.
- Dehydration can be linked to impotence – via – not enough fluids to create seminal fluids. It can also be linked to hair loss – not enough fluids to carry proteins to the scalp.
I personally have a Tervis cup next to me pretty much all day to make sure I’m maintaining a healthy daily intake. Here’s another fantastic way to make sure you’re drinking throughout the day!
You can also print this handy “8 a day” water tally sheet.
Happy hydrating — cheers!